The Matter of Every day Manna Devotional for 19tH October 2020 Is “ preserved for The Crown“
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 23:1-11
1. And within the seventh 12 months Jehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of a whole bunch, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, and Azariah the son of Obed, and Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri, into covenant with him.
2. They usually went about in Judah, and gathered the Levites out of all of the cities of Judah, and the chief of the fathers of Israel, they usually got here to Jerusalem.
three. And all of the congregation made a covenant with the king in the home of God. And he stated unto them, Behold, the king’s son shall reign, because the LORD hath stated of the sons of David.
four. That is the factor that ye shall do; A 3rd a part of you getting into on the sabbath, of the clergymen and of the Levites, shall be porters of the doorways;
5. And a 3rd half shall be on the king’s home; and a 3rd half on the gate of the inspiration; and all of the individuals shall be within the courts of the home of the LORD.
6. However let none come into the home of the LORD, save the clergymen, they usually that minister of the Levites; they shall go in, for they’re holy; however all of the individuals shall hold the watch of the LORD.
7. And the Levites shall compass the king spherical about, each man together with his weapons in his hand; and whosoever else cometh into the home, he shall be put to loss of life; however be ye with the king when he cometh in, and when he goeth out.
eight. So the Levites and all Judah did in accordance with all issues that Jehoiada the priest had commanded, and took each man his males that have been to return in on the sabbath, with them that have been to exit on the sabbath; for Jehoiada the priest dismissed not the programs.
9. Furthermore Jehoiada the priest delivered to the captains of a whole bunch spears, and bucklers, and shields, that had been king David’s, which have been in the home of God.
10. And he set all of the individuals, each man having his weapon in his hand, from the precise aspect of the temple to the left aspect of the temple, alongside by the altar and the temple, by the king spherical about.
11. Then they introduced out the king’s son, and put upon him the crown, and gave him the testimony, and made him king. And Jehoiada and his sons anointed him, and stated, God save the king.
KEY VERSE: “Then they introduced out the king’s son, and put upon him the crown, and gave him the testimony, and made him king. And Jehoiada and his sons anointed him, and stated, God save the king.” – 2 Chronicles 23:11
Six years may look lengthy and unbearable to tolerate the reign of a depraved ruler. The interval may drag on to make one ponder whether it was not going to finish. The perpetrators of evil in that dispensation could be emboldened to dig deep to consolidate their maintain.
Alternatively, these in search of a change to displace the evil ruler would marvel if God wouldn’t intervene to place an finish to the anguish unleashed on them. The murderous queen Athaliah had her will for six years of iniquitous reign. She trampled on those that got here her approach within the kingdom of Judah and appeared invincible.
However within the seventh 12 months, the Lord stepped in and stirred the hearts of Jehoiada the priest who led the Levites, army chiefs and the individuals to terminate Athaliah’s rule. They secured the temple the place the precise inheritor to David’s throne was preserved. It was an ideal plan that had divine approval.
The younger Joash was introduced from hiding in the home of the Lord and topped and anointed by Jehoiada and his sons, with the celebratory proclamation, “God save the king”. In contrast to the case of the self-made queen Athaliah, his had the stamp of heaven. Whereas they rejected God’s approach and timing, Jehoiada and Joash trusted within the infallibility of prophecy that God won’t ever “forged away the seed of Jacob…” (Jeremiah 33:19-26).
The Lord has additionally preserved believers in Jesus Christ for a crowning ceremony in heaven after our time right here on earth. We should tarry in endurance, religion, holiness, selfless service in His kingdom and in soul-winning in expectation of that nice day.
His promise is that He’ll return for us in the future. He honoured His phrase on David’s throne when there was a risk. He will definitely fulfil His promise to crown us additionally as we serve Him faithfully, bearing His cross.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: After the cross comes the crown.
Daily Manna is the day by day devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It’s an extraction of God’s Phrase designed to attract the honest seeker nearer to God each day by way of an insightful exposition and evaluation of God’s Phrase. Read More...