THE TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 22ND SEPTEMBER 2020 IS “PRAY FOR THE LAND“
1. Now these are the phrases of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet despatched from Jerusalem unto the residue of the elders which have been carried away captives, and to the clergymen, and to the prophets, and to all of the folks whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon;
2. After that Jeconiah the king, and the queen, and the eunuchs, the princes of Judah and Jerusalem, and the carpenters, and the smiths, have been departed from Jerusalem;
three. By the hand of Elasah the son of Shaphan, and Gemariah the son of Hilkiah, (whom Zedekiah king of Judah despatched unto Babylon to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon) saying,
four. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all which might be carried away captives, whom I’ve prompted to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;
5. Construct ye homes, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;
6. Take ye wives, and beget little children; and take wives in your sons, and provides your daughters to husbands, that they might bear little children; that ye could also be elevated there, and never diminished.
7. And search the peace of the town whither I’ve prompted you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it; for within the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
eight. For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be within the midst of you, deceive you, neither be all ears to your desires which ye trigger to be dreamed.
9. For they prophesy falsely unto you in my title; I’ve not despatched them, saith the LORD.
Prophet Jeremiah’s concern for the captives who left within the first siege of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon was passionate contemplating the character of recommendation, counsel and instruction he gave to them as he was directed by God. Love, care and concern have all the time yielded constructive outcomes when appreciated.
Virtues like these are solely potential by way of efficient and fervent prayers which the agonising and weeping prophet of Judah had launched into for a very long time. Praying for our land and the folks is an obligation we owe and we should guarantee we faithfully discharge it for the great of one and all within the nation.
Jeremiah was despatched with a message to the captives of Judah staying in Babylon urging them to construct and dwell in goodly houses and plant gardens and eat fruits there. They have been to marry and bear youngsters in addition to permit their sons to get married and provides out their daughters in marriage. Certainly, he reminded them that God would love them to stay within the land of captivity, improve and multiply till the appointed time of seventy years when he would graciously convey them again to Jerusalem.
Essentially the most Excessive is a smart, loving, caring and principled God who should perform His goal and plan in accordance with His prerogatives. He cares, whether or not His persons are within the land of Judah or in Babylon, the land of captivity. Wherever we discover ourselves, allow us to be certain His mercy and goodness will cowl us. Whoever trusts within the Lord shall not make haste. He has his appointed time for the discharge and return of the captives. He solely requires our endurance and supplication. He has promised and He will certainly not tarry greater than mandatory.
Thought For The Day: Prayer and endurance will safe us divine guarantees.
Daily Manna is the every day devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It’s an extraction of God’s Phrase designed to attract the honest seeker nearer to God each day by way of an insightful exposition and evaluation of God’s Phrase. Read More...