Share This Devotional With Others:
THE TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 14TH SEPTEMBER 2020 IS “PICK YOUR BATTLES“
KEY VERSE: 2 Kings 14:10
Thou hast certainly smitten Edom, and thine coronary heart hath lifted thee up: glory of this, and tarry at residence: for why shouldest thou meddle to thy harm, that thou shouldest fall, even thou, and Judah with thee?
TEXT: 2 Kings 14:Eight-16
Eight. Then Amaziah despatched messengers to Jehoash, the son of Jehoahaz son of Jehu, king of Israel, saying, Come, allow us to look each other within the face.
9. And Jehoash the king of Israel despatched to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, The thistle that was in Lebanon despatched to the cedar that was in Lebanon, saying, Give thy daughter to my son to spouse; and there handed by a wild beast that was in Lebanon, and trode down the thistle.
10. Thou hast certainly smitten Edom, and thine coronary heart hath lifted thee up; glory of this, and tarry at residence; for why shouldest thou meddle to thy harm, that thou shouldest fall, even thou, and Judah with thee?
11. However Amaziah wouldn’t hear. Subsequently Jehoash king of Israel went up; and he and Amaziah king of Judah regarded each other within the face at Bethshemesh, which belongeth to Judah.
12. And Judah was put to the more severe earlier than Israel; and so they fled each man to their tents.
13. And Jehoash king of Israel took Amaziah king of Judah, the son of Jehoash the son of Ahaziah, at Bethshemesh, and got here to Jerusalem, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem from the gate of Ephraim unto the nook gate, 4 hundred cubits.
14. And he took all of the gold and silver, and all of the vessels that had been present in the home of the LORD, and within the treasures of the king’s home, and hostages, and returned to Samaria.
15. Now the remainder of the acts of Jehoash which he did, and his would possibly, and the way he fought with Amaziah king of Judah, are they not written within the ebook of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
16. And Jehoash slept together with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel; and Jeroboam his son reigned in his stead.
In accordance with the Free Dictionary, to “choose your battle” is an idiom which implies selecting to not take part in minor, unimportant or overly troublesome arguments, contests or confrontations. It’s to avoid wasting one’s energy as an alternative, for issues of higher significance or the place one has a higher likelihood of success.
That is one reality that King Amaziah didn’t be taught on time. With the assistance of God, Amaziah had defeated the Edomites and now with none provocation challenged Jehoash, the king of Israel to battle. The king of Israel properly counselled him to have fun his success over Edom and be happy.
He mortifies his delight, by evaluating himself to a cedar, a stately tree and Amaziah to a thistle, a sorry weed. Israel was not similar to Judah so Amaziah shouldn’t court docket bother. Jehoash confirmed him the folly of his problem.
Amaziah didn’t pay attention and because of this, he went to battle with Israel. He misplaced woefully ultimately. His military was routed and dispersed; he was captured by the king of Israel who entered Jerusalem and plundered the town, took away all that was priceless and returned to Samaria, laden with spoils.
Like Amaziah, many Christians undergo humiliating defeat from the Jehoashs of the world immediately due to delight and incapacity to choose their battles. In life, one of many most important selections that we make daily is the selection of obedience.
We are able to select to obey God and take heed to His instructions or select to disobey and do our personal factor. Our selections are ours to make however there are penalties to all our selections.
Many battles await you as you go about your completely different actions immediately. Choose your battles with knowledge as a result of it isn’t each battle that’s value combating particularly when you recognize that God will not be main you forward.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your selections matter, select properly.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 131-138
Daily Manna is the every day devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It’s an extraction of God’s Phrase designed to attract the honest seeker nearer to God every day by means of an insightful exposition and evaluation of God’s Phrase. Read More...
Share This Devotional With Others: