Share This Devotional With Others:
THE TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 24TH AUGUST 2020 IS “REJECTED EVEN IN DEATH“
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 21:12-20
12. And there got here a writing to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of David thy father, As a result of thou hast not walked within the methods of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor within the methods of Asa king of Judah,
13. However hast walked in the best way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to go a whoring, prefer to the whoredoms of the home of Ahab, and likewise hast slain thy brethren of thy father’s home, which had been higher than thyself;
14. Behold, with an excellent plague will the LORD smite thy individuals, and thy kids, and thy wives, and all thy items;
15. And thou shalt have nice illness by illness of thy bowels, till thy bowels fall out by purpose of the illness day-to-day.
16. Furthermore the LORD stirred up towards Jehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that had been close to the Ethiopians;
17. And so they got here up into Judah, and brake into it, and carried away all of the substance that was discovered within the king’s home, and his sons additionally, and his wives; in order that there was by no means a son left him, save Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons.
18. And in any case this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable illness.
19. And it got here to cross, that in means of time, after the top of two years, his bowels fell out by purpose of his illness; so he died of sore ailments. And his individuals made no burning for him, just like the burning of his fathers.
20. Thirty and two years outdated was he when he started to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed with out being desired. Howbeit they buried him within the metropolis of David, however not within the sepulchres of the kings.
KEY VERSE:2 Chronicles 21:20
Thirty and two years outdated was he when he started to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed with out being desired. Howbeit they buried him within the metropolis of David, however not within the sepulchre of the kings.
The way in which individuals react on the information of an individual’s demise typically reveals what the deceased meant to his individuals when he was alive. In Nigeria, there was a time that the demise of a selected chief was greeted with cheers and jubilation. He was not mourned by the generality of the individuals; slightly, his demise was seen as a superb riddance. What this implies is that the individual when alive, didn’t dwell a superb life that was appreciated by the individuals.
Jehoram was that sort of individual too. His ascension to the throne caused all types of atrocities and wickedness. The very first thing he did was to kill all his brothers for worry of being rivalled. He went on to garbage all the nice works that his father Jehoshaphat did and reintroduced idol worship within the land. His evils had been so nice that God despatched a warning of judgment to him by way of Elijah the prophet however he by no means bothered. He ultimately died in accordance with the phrases of the person of God, however the individuals didn’t mourn his demise.
Demise is at all times a robust reminder that our life on earth is a brief one. Regardless of who we’re, what we have now and the place we have now reached in life, an finish will come sooner or later. What is going to matter then is not going to be what we had however how we lived our lives.
How do you reside your life now that you’re alive? Do individuals groan beneath you due to your depraved and oppressive nature? Or, is your life such a nice one that everybody rejoices to basks in its sunshine? What is going to individuals say about you when demise lastly takes you away? Would they heave a sigh of aid or mourn that they might miss you? Keep in mind, if males reject you for the sort of depraved life you lived, heaven won’t ever settle for you!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Heaven can not welcome you when the world rejects you on your wickedness.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 24-30.
Daily Manna is the day by day devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It’s an extraction of God’s Phrase designed to attract the honest seeker nearer to God every day by way of an insightful exposition and evaluation of God’s Phrase. Read More...
Share This Devotional With Others: