Share This Devotional With Others:
TOPIC OF DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 30TH MARCH 2020 IS “WRONG CHOICE, WRONG DESTINATION.”
TEXT: Genesis 13:1-18
1. And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his spouse, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.
2. And Abram was very wealthy in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
three. And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place the place his tent had been originally, between Bethel and Hai;
four. Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there on the first; and there Abram known as on the identify of the LORD.
5. And Lot additionally, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.
6. And the land was not in a position to bear them, that they may dwell collectively; for his or her substance was nice, in order that they might not dwell collectively.
7. And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram’s cattle and the herdmen of Lot’s cattle; and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then within the land.
eight. And Abram stated unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.
9. Is just not the entire land earlier than thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me; if thou wilt take the left hand, then I’ll go to the correct; or if thou depart to the correct hand, then I’ll go to the left.
10. And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all of the plain of Jordan, that it was properly watered each the place, earlier than the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even because the backyard of the LORD, just like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
11. Then Lot selected him all of the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east; and so they separated themselves the one from the opposite.
12. Abram dwelled within the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled within the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent towards Sodom.
13. However the males of Sodom have been depraved and sinners earlier than the LORD exceedingly.
14. And the LORD stated unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Raise up now thine eyes, and look from the place the place thou artwork northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward;
15. For all of the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16. And I’ll make thy seed because the mud of the earth; in order that if a person can quantity the mud of the earth, then shall thy seed even be numbered.
17. Come up, stroll via the land within the size of it and within the breadth of it; for I’ll give it unto thee.
18.Then Abram eliminated his tent, and got here and dwelt within the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and constructed there an altar unto the LORD.
KEY VERSE: Genesis 13:11
Then Lot selected him all of the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and so they separated themselves the one from the opposite.
A farmer had a canine that used to sit down by the street facet ready for automobiles to come back round. As quickly as one got here, he would run down the street, barking and attempting to overhaul it. Someday, a neighbour requested the farmer, “Do you suppose your canine is ever going to catch a automobile?” The farmer replied, “That’s not what bothers me. What bothers me is what he would do, if he ever caught one.” Many individuals are just like the canine that was busy operating after meaningless objectives.
In at the moment’s passage, Abraham left Egypt with all that he had and continued his journey, which afforded him the misplaced alternative of calling on the identify of the Lord on the altar he had left unused due to his mistaken selection of happening to Egypt the place he fell sufferer to worry of man. Then the connection between his herdsmen and people of Lot turned strained.
Abraham needed peace and he wanted to make decisions and take selections. He talked to Lot about the issue. Lot might have learnt from the sooner errors of Abraham’s decisions; however alas, he failed miserably. When he was given the chance to decide on both to stay with Abraham or go a separate means, he selected the latter. His selection led him to Sodom which ultimately robbed him of all that he had.
Believers have to be cautious of individuals, locations, positions and privileges that provide themselves readily, so they don’t, like Lot, pursue objectives and initiatives that may take them farther from the Lord and His work. Some are journeying all the way down to Egypt of their marital household, and enterprise life.
Others are operating away from their non secular benefactors. You’ll do properly at the moment to observe fastidiously the way you deal with your life and conditions. Keep in mind, “There’s a means which seemeth proper unto a person, however the finish thereof are the methods of dying” (Proverbs 14:12).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Choice determines future.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 1-3
Share This Devotional With Others: